Saturday 23 May 2015

Crunchy Vanilla-Cinnamon cookies.

So I thought I'd do something different today... Yea, I've been baking cupcakes all week and I got bored doing that. I had some left over creamed mixture and had no idea what to do with it so I decided to just add flour to it and see what I would come up with and voila! I made these really delicacies cookies. Boy o boy!!! Were they GOOOOOOOD. So good I didn't believe I baked them. No really, they were so good, so good I just have to share with you all... I'm nice like that 😊😊😊😊😊😊
Crunchy, delicious, crumby, I present to you the "Very Crunchy Vanilla-cinnamon cookie". 

200g butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar 
2 eggs, room temperature, very well whisked
3 cups of flour, plus extra for dusting
3 tablespoons vanilla essence 
1 tablespoon baking powder (yea, I prefer to use this)

Now, you are going to need a dry and clean surface, a rolling pin and cookie cutters.


Preparation: very easy
Total time: 25 minutes 

Instructions
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Sieve your flour together with baking powder and keep aside. Line your baking tray with baking paper

Add butter, sugar and vanilla essence into mixing bowl. With the mixer on a high speed, cream for five minutes. Gently pour in your beaten eggs and allow to mix for one minute. 
Detach the mixing bowl from the mixer and using a spatula, stir in 2 cups of your flour mixture. Pour onto clean dry surface. In small quantities,  keep adding the remaining flour, kneading softly with clean hands until it gets to a pliable consistency. 




Roll out (not too thin) 




Using your cutters, cut into any shape. Place on baking tray. Bake for 8 minutes. How to know your cookie is done? It will turn light/golden brown, and will be quite stiff to the touch. Remove from oven, lay them on a tray to cool. When cooked, dust with cinnamon and sugar. 
Enjoy. Serve with coffee, tea, ice cream... Anything, really. 



Eat responsibly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment