Friday 19 June 2015

Melted milk chocolate chunky chocolate chip ice cream cupcakes

When I'm baking cakes, I love to go all out... When I'm baking chocolate cake, I LOVE TO GO ALL OUT. Chocolate cake is waaayyyyy up on the cake food chain... 
Very creamy, very moist, very delicious, very chocolatey... Very EVERYTHING SWEET. If you're teamfitfam, you might want to run far away from this one... These cupcakes are everything you are running away from, because, you cannot just have one piece!!! I had 6 of them. One for "tasting, the second to confirm, the third to be sure of the second one, and then more... Yea, shame on me but hey, was well worth it. I'd eat them all over again sans regret. I had fun baking these, clean up was a breeze as I licked the bowl and spatula clean... Yea, I mixed by hand as I find it more relaxing, really... I'd rather eat the batter tbh. 

I hope you enjoy baking and eating these as much as I did. Happy Baking Weekend. 


Ingredients
250g butter, (unsalted)
3 cups, granulated sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup melted chocolate icecream, room temperature
1/2 cup full cream milk 
2 chocolate bars 
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 cup cocoa 
2 tablespoon instant coffee (dissolved in a tablespoon of hot water)
2 tablespoons, vanilla essence


Mix milk with melted ice cream, set aside. 
Sieve flour with cocoa powder and baking powder. 
Dissolve coffee in one tablespoon of boiling water, set aside. 
Chop chocolate into chunky pieces, set aside. 
Line 2 12 muffin molds with paperliners.

Makes 24 cupcakes

Difficulty level: just follow my instructions and you'll be fine. 

Instructions
Preheat your oven to 150°C-160° (300°F-320°F) or gas mark 2-3. 

Now, for this cake, we are going to go all out. The secret to good, melt-in-your-mouth, tear-inducing-because-they're-so-out-of-this-world cupcakes is perfect creaming. We are going to cream the life into this one... 
In your mixer, cream your butter together with the vanilla essence for 5 minutes. With your mixer still running, add 2 cups of your sugar to the butter mixture. Allow to cream for 15-20 minutes.  (If you are creaming by hand like I did, make it 30 minutes)




Pause at intervals to scrape down the sides to ensure it is very well mixed. At this point, some of the sugar will melt in the process. Perfect. Turn off your mixer. Break your eggs into a bowl, add the remaining cup of sugar to eggs, whisk until really foamy. 
With your mixer on medium speed, gently pour your eggs into your creamed mixture, allow to mix well for 3 minutes. Detach bowl from mixer and pick up your wooden spoon. 

Divide your flour mixture into 3 unequal parts (recall the biggest, bigger, big format I showed you sometime? Yea) 
Alternately, add the flour mixture in 3 additions and icecream/milk mixture in 2 additions, beginning and ending with flour. Add dissolved coffee to batter, be sure to mix batter really well, but don't over mix, else your cupcakes will turn out as hard as rock buns...unless of course that's what you want. 😊😊😊😊😊





Using a tablespoon, add 2 generously heaped spoons of batter to each prepared cupcake case. Insert a chocolate chunk into each filled cup.






Place in the centre of your preheated oven.
Allow to bake for approximately 20 minutes, then begin to check
 for "doneness". 

You know your cupcakes are done when pressed in the middle, they are springy to the touch or when a clean toothpick comes out dry when inserted in the middle. 
Remove from oven, leave in mould for 5 minutes, then remove from mould to cool completely. 

So I ummmm...was feeling kinda, sorta fancy and stuff, so I bought some ice cream cones... 



I mean, these are ice cream cupcakes, so...
Here's what I did...

Place cones on plate, peel off the paperliners from each cupcake, place on the cone. Top it with your preferred icecream. Depending on the weather and type of icecream involved, it could melt right off the cupcakes but well, it will all end up in your belly, n'est ce pas? *shrugs*






Enjoy!

Eat responsibly. (LOL. I don't know how I said this with a straight face) 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! Great recipe! But no thanks! I see the fun quite alright and the FAT too! Lol! Don't mind me. Will be perfect for the kids these hols. Thanks for being such an amazing baker. Mrs Awa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀 thanks soooooooo much. Do let me know how it goes, when you bake it.

      Delete